Temperate Reef
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pretty sure its a Giant Pacific Octopus (E. Dofleini) yup, pretty sure.

+3
snapperhead
4PacNW
AquaticEngineer
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pretty sure its a Giant Pacific Octopus (E. Dofleini) yup, pretty sure. - Page 2 Empty Re: Pretty sure its a Giant Pacific Octopus (E. Dofleini) yup, pretty sure.

Post by AquaticEngineer December 3rd 2011, 5:34 pm

He's actually taking them down on his own now. I just handicapped the first few for the reseains you've all stated, and because I wanted to know for sure that he was eating.
AquaticEngineer
AquaticEngineer

Back to top Go down

Pretty sure its a Giant Pacific Octopus (E. Dofleini) yup, pretty sure. - Page 2 Empty Re: Pretty sure its a Giant Pacific Octopus (E. Dofleini) yup, pretty sure.

Post by Hero December 10th 2011, 4:04 pm

That's good. It is more comparable to how he would live in the wild. Do you happen to have pictures of him hunting? ninja
Hero
Hero
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AquaticEngineer December 10th 2011, 4:45 pm

No pics of the hunt yet, I'm going to film him next time I put more crabs in.
AquaticEngineer
AquaticEngineer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero January 7th 2012, 7:32 pm

Video update? Laughing
Hero
Hero
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AquaticEngineer January 8th 2012, 12:36 am

As you wish Smile

Video of the Giant Pacific Octopus, he's growing up so fast.... :'(

Pretty sure its a Giant Pacific Octopus (E. Dofleini) yup, pretty sure. - Page 2 Th_VID_20120107_193534
AquaticEngineer
AquaticEngineer

Back to top Go down

Post by ~ocean January 27th 2012, 3:08 pm

Wow that is so sweet. I'd love one! Very Happy Is there no law on keeping them?
~ocean
~ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by AquaticEngineer January 27th 2012, 3:30 pm

~ocean wrote:Wow that is so sweet. I'd love one! Very Happy Is there no law on keeping them?

If you collect them yourself under the sportfishing regulations you are limited to 1 per person per day.

I can collect and sell them with the permits and licenses I've aquired over, so I can keep as many as I want and sell them to whoever I want Very Happy

Did you want one? He's for sale right now on Aquabid.com Very Happy
AquaticEngineer
AquaticEngineer

Back to top Go down

Post by AquaticEngineer January 29th 2012, 1:27 am

Crab, its whats for dinner.

Pretty sure its a Giant Pacific Octopus (E. Dofleini) yup, pretty sure. - Page 2 IMG_20120128_205457

Pretty sure its a Giant Pacific Octopus (E. Dofleini) yup, pretty sure. - Page 2 IMG_20120128_205346
AquaticEngineer
AquaticEngineer

Back to top Go down

Post by snapperhead May 3rd 2012, 10:16 am

Did you sell ? or did you become to attached...lol
snapperhead
snapperhead
Round Stingray

Back to top Go down

Post by AquaticEngineer May 3rd 2012, 2:51 pm

Still got him Very Happy

Still trying to find a buyer.

I've had a few private individuals interested, but they are still getting their tanks together.

Most likely I'll start shopping him around to public aquariums.
AquaticEngineer
AquaticEngineer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero May 3rd 2012, 3:52 pm

AquaticEngineer wrote:Still got him Very Happy

Still trying to find a buyer.

I've had a few private individuals interested, but they are still getting their tanks together.

Most likely I'll start shopping him around to public aquariums.

Probably for the best. Very Happy

Does he stand as one of your favorite animals to have ever been had?
Hero
Hero
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AquaticEngineer May 4th 2012, 3:07 am

By far the most amazing aminal I've ever kept. Its strangely awesome when I can watch and aquatic animal watch me.

Kinda creepy, but it really is amazing to see him take notice of what I am doing when I work on the other tanks.
AquaticEngineer
AquaticEngineer

Back to top Go down

Post by snapperhead May 5th 2012, 7:52 am

I could so have an octopus tank in the Garage ,for thoses exact reasons..That is Awesome ..THE SUPERVISOR
snapperhead
snapperhead
Round Stingray

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2