Temperate Reef
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ozonator vs UV filter? Anyone use ozone?

2 posters

Go down

Ozonator vs UV filter? Anyone use ozone? Empty Ozonator vs UV filter? Anyone use ozone?

Post by AquaticEngineer August 9th 2010, 2:32 pm

So as of recently I have decided to run my two tanks seperately. I was originally going to link them together via a single sump, but I've decided to conentrate on getting the big tank up and running first.

The big tank will be a NPS tank with no macro algae with minimal LED lighting only when being viewed.

The smaller tank will be a tidal macro algae tank. Using higher output LED's, the home made cooler sump for the filtration, and ozone to eliminate the unwanted problem algae.

Anyone ever done this or have experience with ozone? I got the idea via my friend Ken who mentioned that Jon Olav used ozone on his macro tank with great results.

Ready..............DISCUSS. Very Happy
AquaticEngineer
AquaticEngineer

Back to top Go down

Ozonator vs UV filter? Anyone use ozone? Empty Re: Ozonator vs UV filter? Anyone use ozone?

Post by Hero August 9th 2010, 7:49 pm

Ozone seems like a good idea for macro tanks. It really helps during the seasonal algae blooms and what not.

Yes Jon Olav did use ozone! Check his blog to see his personal experiences with it.
Hero
Hero
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Ozonator vs UV filter? Anyone use ozone? Empty Re: Ozonator vs UV filter? Anyone use ozone?

Post by AquaticEngineer August 10th 2010, 6:31 pm

I found some ozonators on ebay for dirt cheap that claim to put out 600mg/h, what would be the detriment of having to much ozone put into the tank?
AquaticEngineer
AquaticEngineer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero August 10th 2010, 8:17 pm

Getting your tank to clean possibly, to the point of where it's near sterile and not function able as a pseudo or semi-self dependent ecosystem.
Hero
Hero
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down